Monday, February 15, 2010

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Suicide, a scary word, that none of us ever really want to hear. Has anyone ever known anyone that committed suicide? I have and to this day I wonder what events led my friends 16 year old granddaughter to hang herself in the family barn. I still remember my friend not understanding either even though there was a note left behind that said Tiffany loved her family, but no explanation to WHY. In one of our conversations, Janet (the grandmother, who was raising Tiffany), told me that when she got to heaven, the first thing she was going to do was get Tiff and make her explain the Why's. In Thirteen Reasons Why, Clay receives a box of cassette tapes in the mail, seven tapes, 13 sides of why Hannah Baker, a fellow student decided to end her life. Clay is one of thirteen people who listen and follow Hannah's story and how this will affect how he views the people around him. To find out more, just pick up this book and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment